Thursday, September 1, 2011

Avery- 6 months




Little Avery is 6 months! And he is such an amazing baby, so happy and curious- with those chubby fingers, those little baby rolls, bright blue eyes, that sweet red hair, that heart melting little smile. My third sweet baby, and I tell you, there is just something special, the amazing-ness, the sweetness of those moments of feeding, staring and smiling. It really hasn't gotten any less special than it was three years ago with Madilyn or two years ago with Jesse, or even six months ago when Avery was born. Except that, maybe, he's my third and well I've learned a lot and see how very fast time is moving and how fast they grow. And so I'll hold him just a little bit closer and longer if I can.
On his 6 months birthday he decided it was time to really sit and now he can be apart of more of the fun with his brother and sister.

This week he's also on the verge of crawling, he's so close. Jesse keeps showing him how and it will happen soon. I''m however, enjoying the little bit of stillness I have left.

And we started food! As much as I wanted to wait longer, the little guy has been eyeing our food for months and just wasn't going to have it. Since he sits on his own now and passes all the other mama readiness tests, it was time. He's loving the food and being he is actually my smallest babe at 6 months it's probably a good thing- a baby of mine at 49 percentile, hard to believe isn't it? He does have rolls and chub, so he's not a skinny baby, just not as dense as I'm used to is all.

And what good would 6 month pics be without a naked baby eating cantelope?


Can't get enough of this sweet babe of mine