Saturday, January 7, 2012

the kitchen







This has to be one of my new favorite spots in the house. So much imagination and play goes on here, the possibilities are endless. The lovely matching fridge is a treasured Christmas gift from this year, along with the very slow outpouring of the soft knitted food, which has become another huge hit in just about every corner of our home. There's something magical about packing up a picnic right here at home and sharing it with all your dolls and siblings, oh yes.

And these days, 9 out of 10 times I hear mama being called out, it's because my littles are patiently awaiting my presence at the grand tea party or to witness some good ole cookin', as Jesse says, "look mama, I'm makin' bacon" in his deep man voice.

My babies spend just as much time, if not more, working in their kitchen as I do in mine, sooo many hours have been logged cooking and baking there so far. I do adore it as well, with the warm cherry wood with walnut and birch accents, finished in a safe and simple beeswax polish, it's really a piece of art. I'm excited to think about how very loved this set will be as my children grow, and maybe I will be able to play with my grandchildren at this same kitchen someday too...Oh gosh, strange to think about that, but for now it is definitely loved in this home, even by the littlest of chiefs.




And did you see those adorable wool booties? They actually stay on his feet and are super warm, one more thing I'm loving up lately.