Monday, July 16, 2012

kite flying

Today was very windy! A nice change to the usual perfect weather we get here most days. After breakfast I mentioned it being the perfect day to fly a kite and Madilyn quickly jumped out of her seat and ran up to the craft room gathering all her materials. "I'm going to make one for us mama!" And that is exactly what she did. Two actually and they sorta worked, or at least the kids thought they did, which is really all that matters here. She used some scrapbook paper, folded it, taped some sticks and tied some yarn, simple. These are the kind of self driven projects with so much spark and passion that I love to see and these kites were a hit!
And after a short snack break, we all rode bikes to the school and flew the big kite. The wind was perfect and Avery had a blast chasing the kite's tail around the empty parking lot. On the way back Jesse said he wanted to "show some cheese". Seriously could this boy be any sweeter? Awesome way to start our week!