20 things we are loving this summer...
:: homemade nachos for an impromptu front door picnic ::
:: loving the new red and green we see popping up in our garden, tomatoes and strawberries are eaten daily by little pickers ::
:: my new made up greek yogurt egg salad recipe that I take everywhere, no mayo and it's good..will have to share this later ::
:: superwoman, a big scary dragon and a baby running around outside until it's too dark to see, I could have used the flash here, but love how these capture the moment ::
:: what is summertime without camping out in your backyard under the stars without a tent, complete with projecting lion king and eating homemade popcorn until 11pm? they loved it ::
:: a new redwood playhouse built by daddy for endless hours of cooking, baking and playing ::
:: naked and playing in the mud, sounds just like summer to me ::
:: hey buddy were you having fun? there might be a little something on your face...::
:: cupcake anyone? ::
:: and more naked baby butt, love it ::
:: Avery giving us the "cheese" face ::
:: happiest baby ever (and yes I still adore his crazy wild baby hair to pieces) ::
:: Jesse and mama's early time together making breakfast, baking our classic baked oatmeal even good on warm mornings ::
:: lots of singing and jumping performances lead by the big sister ::
:: family bike rides ::
:: mud, mud and more mud!.. pies, cakes and treats all for mama to enjoy, we have some awesome chiefs around here ::
:: and some naked water time to wash away all that mud. where was water hopscotch when I was little? so fun ::
:: an almost naked baby running around singing and dancing with a kitchen whisk ::
:: enjoying a trip to roaring camp with the family ::
:: and lastly, finding new ways to use all our leftover oatmeal. It's the little things ::
I make fresh oatmeal every morning, there is just something about preparing for a new day during that precious and still quiet time before all are awake. It just wouldn't work without a steaming bowl of hot oatmeal, a little fruit on the side and a touch of maple syrup..hmmmm. But I never measure and almost always make too much, so leftover oatmeal muffins have been great. (Recipe for muffins is : 1 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 egg m, 1 TBSP melted butter, 1/2 cup milk, 4 TBSP honey/sugar/maple syrup, 2 TBSP baking powder, 1.5 cups flour, plus 1/2 cup 'extra somethings' - raisins, chocoloate chips, berries, etc. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.) Last time I made these (pictured above) I decided to leave out the baking powder and double the oatmeal which resulted in a dense gooey oatmeal cake of sorts. I poured a little extra maple syrup on top and ate with a fork, oh it was yummy