Friday, August 31, 2012

broth

Homemade chicken broth is the best thing ever invented. I swear it works magic. And no, store bought is not real chicken broth, you can't buy it like this.. It's so easy to make, I let it cook while I sleep! I've been making it every week for a while now, using a whole chicken. I cut it apart, take the breasts off for another meal and use everything else in my stock. A little secret the entire chicken usually costs me less than two packaged skinless boneless chicken breast from the store, and I am buying local organic family raised chickens. It's so good for you and waking up early to a steaming hot bowl of broth coming right off the stove..hmmm it makes everything good with my soul. 
I typically make chicken soup for lunches a few days after we make it. This makes lunch prep so easy, quick and healthy. I throw some veggies and noddles in the pot and lunch is served. The rest usually gets used in the weeks cooking or stored in the freezer. 
I'd say the kids are fans too!