Saturday, March 10, 2012

six whales

We woke up Monday morning to find ourselves completely snow'd in.
It was a nice surprise and James couldn't make it into work, so when Avery went down for his morning nap, the boys spent some time cooking and Madilyn and I snuck upstairs for some mama daughter sewing time.
Missy jumps right in, gets in her spot and starts making lots of plans. One bean bag and six whales mama! Six what?... Then I saw that big happy smile of hers and knew I couldn't disappoint my girl, six it is!
So we sat and sewed everything up together and then she went on to stuffing them all, before we knew it we had six whales and one bean bag!
First we used buttons for the eyes, but she thought it needed to be something a little softer for sleeping on, of course, so we switched them out for some soft felt.

They've been quite a hit in this house since we made them, finding them in all corners of our home, all six.