Tuesday, October 30, 2012

chalkboard


I love chalkboards, to draw and just simply erase with endless possibilities. And the texture of writing on them, it's fun, something I remember from my early school days. And now (thanks to James and Madilyn) we have our very own slightly smaller version right in the heart of our home. 
I am really loving this in our kitchen/dinette area, a place everyone sees when coming together for breakfast every morning. I'm sure it will be used to write love notes, share the weekly dinner menu, practice our words and letters (and math when that time comes), display works of art by the many different hands we have here and so much more..Just in the few days we've had this up, I find myself smiling as I walk by, admiring the creativity that has been very proudly drawn for all to see. 
Even from our littlest artist.